Does acupuncture hurt?
No, acupuncture should not hurt. A momentary prick is often felt around the needle as it is inserted, eventually creating a dull pressure or tingling around the area during the treatment. Most people are amazed by how relaxed they feel during and after the treatment. This can only occur if the treatment is comfortable and gentle.
Is acupuncture safe?
As long as it is performed by a competent practitioner, acupuncture is extremely safe. Acupuncturists are required to use disposable needles that are discarded after one use.
What conditions are treated with acupuncture?
- Digestive disoders
- Chronic pain
- Weak immunity
- Menstrual cramps
- Menopausal symptoms
- Stress management
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Good news! Almost all major insurance companies are required to cover Acupuncture within the state of Washington.
To verify that you have coverage, you can either call your insurance company directly or you can have our billing service check your coverage. (It’s always a good idea to verify coverage prior to your first visit.)
It is usually not necessary to have a referral for acupuncture. PIP (personal injury protection) policies related to auto accidents typically cover acupuncture services. Please call our office if you have any further questions.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, check, visa and mastercard are the accepted forms of payment.
How many treatments will I need?
This is unique to the individual. For most conditions, 6-8 treatments on a weekly basis tends to
offer the best outcome. Some people notice an immediate improvement in their health while for others acupuncture tends to have a cumulative effect over several visits.
For severe problems, it is often better to receive treatments 2 or 3 times a week for a few weeks, and slowly reduce treatment frequency as symptoms improve. Why heal slowly when you can heal quickly?
Does the clinic offer Chinese herbs? If so, what kind?
Yes, we have an extensive Chinese herbal pharmacy that consists primarily of pre-made herbal formulas.
What else has our clinic had success in treating?
- Immune Weakness
- Menstrual Cramps
- Digestive Imbalances
- Chronic Fatigue
- Heart Palpitations
- And Much More!
What Sets Our Clinic Apart From Other Chinese Medical Practitioners?
1. Jim has 20 plus years of experience working in alternative medicine.
2. Your treatment is personally tailored to your needs. For many of our patients, that means we work to address emotional stresses that may be interfering with healing, repair, and regeneration.
3. Jim has been chosen to work with the Providence Hospital Integrative Cancer Care Center as their staff acupuncturist.
4. We love what we do and are devoted to top quality patient care.
5. We take our time with you: 1.5 hours in the first visit and 60 minute follow-ups.
6. We educate you about what’s wrong from the standpoint of Asian Medicine, and how it can be treated according to Asian medical principles.
7. When you get acupuncture treatments, we include acupressure, herbal consulting, moxibustion, TDP heat lamp, and topical liniments as needed.
8. A comprehensive treatment plan is clearly communicated to you
9. Evening appointments are often available.